Monday, August 30, 2010

Miranda IM 0.9 is now out -- new icons, better Win7 support, and lots more!

Filed under: Utilities, Windows, OpenOffice.org
Miranda IM is pretty much the most versatile, customizable, powerful, minimalistic and down-right sexy IM client on the planet.
I know that sounds like a lot, but I've been using it for years, and I've tried pretty much everything else Windows and Linux have to offer. I never tried Adium, so maybe Adium's better - but for Windows, nothing beats Miranda. As you can tell, this application is a prime candidate for one of my What the Zuk columns, so I will save the rest of my admiration for later and get to the news already:
Miranda 0.9.0 is now out! Miranda is very actively developed, but the release cycle isn't exactly lightning-fast. So 0.9.0 means something, and here's a few features off the list:

New improved protocols engine with full Unicode support
New high quality icon theme
First official x64 version
Added Windows 7 taskbar icon support

The weirdest feature added to this release was support for file transfers of over 4GB in size. I mean, who the heck transfers over 4GB of files over IM? This release also brings strong Unicode support across the board, so if you happen to be a non-English user this may come in handy. I just installed it myself, and the myriad of add-ons I use seem to work just fine.
And of course, Miranda keeps all of its existing goodness, including support for an insane number of protocols. I currently use it for IRC, ICQ, MSN, GChat, and Olark. One client to rule them all! If you've never used Miranda, now would be a great time to give it a spin!Miranda IM 0.9 is now out -- new icons, better Win7 support, and lots more! originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

BHARTI AIRTEL BT GROUP CANON CDW

No comments:

Post a Comment