Sunday, October 17, 2010

TomTom for iPhone now lets your photo gallery be your address book

This is a feature in that "gee, I wish I'd of thought of that" category. The latest update to the TomTom app (version 1.5) lets you select any photo that has been geo-tagged and navigate to that location. It's great for finding that favorite picnic spot, or that great photo location.

I tried the feature out today, navigating to 2 locations I had in my iPhone photo roll. In each case, the app showed a map of the location, and with a couple of clicks I was on my way.

The app also now supports the iPhone 4 Retina display and the speed of the app is supposed to be faster but I didn't see anything dramatic. TomTom U.S.A and U.S. & Canada apps are currently available for $49.99 and $59.99, respectively. It's a really full featured way to navigate. Navigating to a photo is a really great idea, and I'd like to see some of the other nav apps add this feature as well.

Continue reading TomTom for iPhone now lets your photo gallery be your address book

TomTom for iPhone now lets your photo gallery be your address book originally appeared on TUAW on Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/15/tomtom-for-iphone-now-lets-your-photo-gallery-be-your-address-bo/

MICROSEMI MICROS SYSTEMS MICRON TECHNOLOGY MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY

No comments:

Post a Comment