Sunday, September 26, 2010

Editorial: For the umpteenth time, copy 'protection' only hurts people who actually buy your product

It's been said so many times, but I just got stung hard by the DRM bug, and since there's a "Senior Associate Editor" next to my name somewhere I get to complain about it. Now, if you're a regular consumer with a modicum of common sense, nothing I'm going to say here will come as a surprise or revelation. You're welcome to come along for the ride, but I'm pointing my quivering pen today at the media execs and their willing technologist accomplices that have the nerve in 2010 to enforce HDCP and other completely inane DRM and copy protection schemes to "protect" their content from theft:

You idiots.Continue reading Editorial: For the umpteenth time, copy 'protection' only hurts people who actually buy your productEditorial: For the umpteenth time, copy 'protection' only hurts people who actually buy your product originally appeared on Engadget on Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:24:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments



ITRON IRON MOUNTAIN INORATED IOMEGA INTUIT

No comments:

Post a Comment